Friday, May 8, 2009

Gut-Dwellers

I couldn't sleep last night. I get this periodic insomnia from time to time, I'm pretty sure it's a side effect of one of the medications I'm on. I lay in bed listening to the array of noises coming from my stomach. If I place my hand flat across the lower right hand side I can actually feel movement inside. I have no choice but to come to the conclusion that miniature gut dwelling aliens have taken up residence in my intestines. I think they are having a party.

Sometimes the noises are really loud and pretty embarrassing. I don't really know what causes it. I mean I know it's just the food I've eaten being digested by my poor diseased innards, but I don't know why sometimes it's so load that people give me funny looks and other times I think that if I lifted my shirt you would probably see the gut-dwellers moving about under the skin and yet other times it's perfectly still and quiet. 

I don't remember having this problem during other flare-ups. Maybe I did, but I just don't remember it. I know in comparison to all the other problems, pain, diarreah, side-effects etc etc etc it's really a fairly minor thing... but when it happens and everyone in the room stops talking and looks at me for a moment before continuing with what they were doing, it doesn't feel as minor. 

:-(

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment