Friday, July 17, 2009

Swine Flu Come Pnuemonia

Well somewhere around Friday or Saturday of two weeks ago I caught the dreaded Swine Flu. Monday I was feeling pretty drained but otherwise ok. Tuesday my throat started to get sore and by Wednesday I new I was getting the flu. 

I woke up on Thursday feeling as though I'd been hit by a truck. Headache, muscle soreness, sore throat, coughing, blocked nose and a fever. I called in sick, took two Mersyndol and went back to sleep. I felt pretty miserable on Friday too. 

Feeling guilty about the amount of time I have off work, on Monday I got up, took some panadol, cough syrup, and went in to work regardless. It turned out to be the worst thing I could've done. The next day I felt worse than ever and again called in sick. 

I called the hospital to inform them that I was sick and they promptly cancelled my Remicade infusion. I was told to call back once I was feeling better. 

I went to the doctor on Wednesday who informed me that my Swine flu was now pneumonia and that I was not to go to work, or indeed get out of bed for the rest of the week. 

Sigh.

So here i am, still feeling awful, I've been off work for a week and a half now with little sign of improvement. I'm worried about delaying my remicade, since every-time I have even the shortest break from medication my Crohn's goes into hyper-drive and I wind up needing to be admitted into hospital. 

Hopefully I'll start feeling better in the next few days. I need chocolate cake. Stat!

xox


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment