Monday, November 7, 2011

Dentists.


By far the worst part of having Crohn's is the effect the disease, the medications and the bodies poor ability to absorb nutrients has on teeth. Mine are fucked, totally and irreversibly. I could brush them 16 times a day and drink a glass of fluoride for breakfast and it wouldn't make a lick of difference.

Today I went back to the dentist. I have this tooth which has had a root canal and a crown on top. It hurts, has done for more than two years now. I've seen more dentists that I can actually recall and they're all about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

"My tooth hurts. It throbs. It hurts to touch it. Sometimes it's loose other times it feels like it swollen." I say to the dentist. The dentist considers this for a moment and then proceeds to pick up one of his implements of torture and bash the tooth repeatedly with it. 

"Does that hurt?" 

No, it feels like butterflies floating through a sunny meadow. What the fuck? Yes it fucking hurts.

Seriously, what is with dentists?

post signature

6 comments:

  1. I love that you have a WTF label. I should add one of those to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally adding one to mine. Laughing so hard right now (sympathetically f course). Good thing it wasn't me - I would have picked up his tray, beaten him around the head with it and said 'I don't know, probably no more than this'.*

    * we all know there's no way I would have done this but wouldn't it be great if we felt we could?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In this crazy life a WTF label is essential!

    I fantasised heavily on the way home of punching him in the nose and saying "Does that hurt?" I highly doubt I could throw a punch even if I wanted to lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that up the top of my browser is an add for a perfect smile lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm convinced my dentist became so because it was illegal to indulge in all other forms of human torture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funny. I brush my teeth like at least 5 times a day cause I am scared of getting a cavity and having some fuckwit try and pull it out

    ReplyDelete