Sunday, October 11, 2009

NaNoWriMo

The thing about being sick, and not just sick, but crohnically sick (yes that typo was on purpose!) is that it's really easy to become fixated on being sick, recovering, taking it easy and getting better. So much so, that everything else takes a back seat.

I don't know about you, but I have put way too much on hold. I put things off, I procrastinate, I sit idle on the couch while hours, days, weeks roll by without me so much as having started anything.

The National Novel Writing Month (www.nanowrimo.org) is something I've wanted to do for many years but I haven't for a whole host of not very good reasons. Last years excuse was "I'm too sick to focus on anything".

Basically the goal of NaNoWriMo is to write a 175 page novel in 30 days. You start writing on November 1st and aim to pen 50,000 words by November 30th.

I've decided that this year is the year I stop thinking about doing NaNoWriMo and actually do it! I've gone ahead and signed up. Now I just need to come up with a plot... An idea... A main character...

Yikes. What have I done?

So if you don't see me much during November it's because I'm writing my little heart out. Alternatively, if you see me A LOT next month, it's because I'm procrastinating.

1 comment:

  1. excellent. very glad to hear you've been inspired, and wish you luck. do keep posting on your progress, though -- a teensy bit of procrastination can be a helpful refresher :)

    ReplyDelete